So, Stuck with High Difficulty Keywords during your Keyword Research?
Unable to find high volume keywords that are less competitive?
Facing writer’s block? Don’t worry ! This post will help you 60% out.
Do you know, Keyword Difficulty (KD) known as Keyword Competition (KC) helps you to determine the ability to rank for a particular keyword in SERP.
You may ask, why a competitive keyword analysis is must for an advanced Keyword Research & how?
Here, I am sharing my personal method to perform Keyword Difficulty efficiently to gauge low KD keywords easily.
…. and thus you will get an idea of “can you rank for the keyword or not?”
Here you will learn, What is ‘Keyword Difficulty Analysis?’ & Why is it critical for SEO to get a Low Competition and perfect keyword?
Finally, I will be explaining these doubts with some practical methods to reveal the organic SEO competitiveness.
- 1 Choosing Proper Keywords initially
- 1.1 What is KD in ranking?
- 1.2 So, What does Keyword Difficulty Analysis mean by?
- 1.3 The Method I: “Content Gap” – manual Difficulty Research.
- 1.4 Method II: Google Advanced Search Operators : Hidden Power !
- 1.5 Method III: Keyword Inspector: Advanced Keyword Difficulty Checker.
- 1.6 What is Keyword Inspector & how to use it?
- 1.7 Method IV: Using The Best Keyword Difficulty Checker Tools
- 1.8 Conclusion for my Keyword Competition Checking Secrets!
Choosing Proper Keywords initially
The Perfect Keyword Selection is a tricky factor for almost every blogger.
I assume, if you get the decent keyword of your choice, you have done almost 60% work for your article.
Right? Yes !
When you create a theme of keywords, you always have a primary/focus keyword.
But believe me, It helps you to maintain your on-page optimization only. So, it’s not a strong pillar to stand up in SERP.
In this score, auditing the competition of your keyword makes the sense of possibility to rank.
Assume, you are going to catch a Shark for the Public Health Research in the Challenger Deep Ocean.
Not having factors like; specific area of the target, depth level & volume. Also it’s not possible to catch the Shark finding the entire ocean.
The same way, don’t you want to make any profit for your research ‘Public Health,’ nothing for yourself? Just wondering in Challenger Deep?
Likewise, the Search Engine is an Ocean, and you are doing the Keyword Research compared to shark hunting. (No proper analysis)
For sure, you’re doing the research neglecting the potential factors.
These are – how many of the slugs, contents, anchors, titles do contain the keyword and Authority of SERP sites, site age, content junk, DQR Value, link metrics and so on….
Ah, it’s quite similar!
Got some idea on how useful is the keyword difficulty analysis?
Okay, move on to gaugr an ideal difficulty score for finding perfect keywords.
Here, the KC (Keyword Competition) is estimated with some easy steps below.
Either you use some the efficient keyword difficulty checker tools like Moz keyword difficulty tool, SEMRush, ahrefs or it may be some free difficulty checkers like Keyword Planner.
Of course, they are effective but not to the extent of manual keyword competition check.
I have compared the basic Keywords Research with giant Google to shark hunting in Challenger Deep and the Keyword Difficulty to your ignored mistake.
See how you’re failing to earn with charity-minded,
I can say, “Oh, No.” All your efforts got vanished before they got top pinned in the SERP results.
Wondering how? And why said you failed to rank?
I know you have done pretty Keyword Research to achieve the Top 10, then how?
- Vetted on a wait & watch result without calculating the competition accurately.
- Missed the step – Proper Analysis of Difficulty/adversary of your keyword.
Ever thought how the successful blogger prepare their articles to feed the giant SERP?
You think it as a secret, like a Magic Spell? Let’s scroll down for a visual example.
In your terms, how to find low competition keywords with high traffic? Like this?
- Selecting a Keyword
- Analyzing the first 10 Posts in SERP
- Determining the High Search Volume, Lower Competition, and high CPC
- Then using the intents for LongTail and LSI (Latent Semantic Index) keywords.
- Optimizing on-page by inserting the selected keyword in Tittle Tag, SEO URL, Meta Tag, Image Alt Attributes with plugins like Yoast.
- Then getting social signals from Reddit, Facebook, StumbleUpon & others.
- Building quality Backlinks with inbound and outbound linking by either automated tools or may in real ways.
- Then sits back with crossing fingers and wait for ranking.
It’s still a question for every blogger; How do you quantify keyword difficulty for competitive SEO?
Trust me! The way you do is not that 100% efficient always.
Okay ! Scroll down to uncover the mystery of an Effective Keyword Research
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’1′ hide_logo=’1′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsl4F56N1so[/responsive_video]
What is KD in ranking?
“Keyword Difficulty” is a complex calculation to determine the competition of your keywords. It is an estimated formula of how hard it would be to rank on the 1st page of Google organic search for a given keyword. Mostly it is measured from 1 (low difficulty) to 100 (high difficulty).
It is not of that kind easy to the calculate KC (Keyword competition) or KD without proper research.
For Example, If I try the keyword ‘school for public health’ to rank for, then what?
You may able to rank that as a jet; with only a few internal links or social shares.
What for this keyword “Harvard School of Public health.”?
It’s pretty tough. The keyword is of course hard to rank.
Because of The President and Fellows of Harvard College, an Authority Website ranks for this keyword. That is an example of Keyword Difficulty.
So can we rank 1 for that keyword with a proper KC checkee?
Merely we can do the most to achieve the 6-7 place in Google 1st page with our usual blogs.
Here you may question,
“what does KD mean in SEMrush, Ahrefs like KD Tools website?”
“How do I check the keyword difficulty for SEO?”
“The Keyword Research boosts SEO with a comprehensive Keyword Difficulty Study but how?
“How difficulty research helps to find low competition keywords?”
Prefer to repeat,
that Keyword Research With a Proper Competitive Analysis is the must at first!
So, rest easy and worry not.
I will be easing your problem with the detailed Method to calculate KC (Keyword Competition).
So, What does Keyword Difficulty Analysis mean by?
- How many pages are ranking on SERP for that particular Keyword.
- How many Bidders are bidding on the term in paid search, how high are the clicks and how many people are searching for the term online.
- It is an undisclosed mathematical calculation which scores between 1-100.
- It calculates the difficulty rank for your Keyword. Also, it saves your time by finding low competition with high searches and low searches with high competition
- These give an idea for Can I Rank or Not? (Reference: Moz Keyword Difficulty).
Here I am using both the most useful free keyword difficulty checker tool & also some Paid keyword analysis services in a smarter way to measure the difficulty of keywords.
First, clarify your doubts on the Strong and Weak SERP Results.
Let’s pick a keyword “online SEO course.”
When you are searching, the top 10 results will be the High Authoritative Brands competing for that Strong keyword.
Tip: Here sites like Amazon, Moz, appears in the Top SERP Results. So beating their rank is quite hard with a regular blog.
But, if you search for “best ayurvedic remedies to prevent public health hazards.”
- It has unrelated SERP results and similarly a Longtail keyword.
- This keyword is an example of a Weak Keyword.
- Yeah, means you can rank that keyword with some off-page SEO techniques like backlinks, as usual, guest posts, social signals.
But remember, that Search Engines always rank the best Relevant Sites fast.
So using the best keyword research tools, you can outrank low authority sites very quickly.
It’s not too late for digging the low competition keywords.
A step-by-step procedure to your dreamland of perfect keywords are…..
The Method I: “Content Gap” – manual Difficulty Research.
- Step 1: Recognize your targeted Keyword which is suitable to use with the bulk keywords with the help of middle phrases or LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing), LongTails.
- Step Two: Filter the list prioritizing the intent based terms/phrases which are accurate and suits your keywords. (Those may be of lower volume, don’t stress much upon that)
- Step Three: Note down some chunks of 4-5 types of best intent and other untapped unique data that you believe searchers might want/think when performing each related query.
- Step Four: Use the Method Two given below and conduct a Google Operator Query. Analyze the top 10 SERP results. Find out whether your selected keywords/ideas/unique dataset (from above step 1,2,3) gives the specific pieces of information. If not, then note down the fruitful missing things (including 0 if everything is already fulfilled).
- Step Five: Then do some On-page and off-page SEO as usual and follow the Method C & D to outrank the others. If your new content with different intents can make Google feel the same way as yours, you will get the Ranks as your reward. (Credits- Moz )
Because Google returns personalized results closely related to your Country, News, Videos, ads, the SERP and Top 10 pages show according to your previous local search, your geo-location, search history, cookies, interests.
So, How do I get an unbiased Google search?
- Google answered some question related to biased searches here- Search and Browse Privately.
- Go to http://google.co.us (or your desired ccTLD)
- Log Out from Google/Gmail account.
- Open Incognito Mode with VPN (recommended) & search your keyword like I said.
- At the end of the Google result URL (eg. https://www.google.com/?gl=us ) add these &gl=us&pws=0
- Press enter.
- https://www.google.com/ncr also Works like this. check more about this.
[responsive_video type=’youtube’ hide_related=’1′ hide_logo=’1′ hide_controls=’0′ hide_title=’0′ hide_fullscreen=’0′ autoplay=’0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyfJPjO9Q-8[/responsive_video]
TheContent Gap Tutorial: ahrefs
Method II: Google Advanced Search Operators : Hidden Power !
These below mentioned steps are one of the advanced methods for you!
And, this is called as manual keyword competition checker method.
For instance, I have chosen a keyword using Google Keyword Planner.
It has a good search volume with Low in competition (GKP shows this according to the advertiser competition, not organic) & high CPC. How to analyze the Keyword Difficulty of this Keyword?
- I got the keyword ‘public health’ to work for the example.
- Hover over google.com following my above method to use Incognito and GL=US method for best organic analysis. (as shown In Method One)
Open a “Ms-Excel Spreadsheet” as shown in the image.
Search the keyword ‘Public Health’ (use Incognito with de-personalized results as shown in Method One)
First of all, create five columns as shown below.
- Total Search Results (Organic),
- allinurl Results, allintitle Results, allintext Results, all inanchor results.
also, you can apply the same to your selected primary/secondary, LongTail, LSI Keywords .
How’d you like to use these search analysis Data from the Excel Sheet? Let me explain.
In this score, Total Results = 77,50,00,000 . it has a scope to rank or appears in the 1st page.
The above Keyword has an allintext less than 50% of the Total Results.
However, as per Google Operator Guide, allintitle & allinurl, allinanchor results should appear less than 1000. And the allintext results should be lesser than 50% to search result which it has in my case.
- If you got total results similar/exact to 1,000,000, there is a chance of appearing 1st SERP of Google.
- Unless the results of allintext are 50% less than the total results, the competition is high.
- If the results with allinurl & allintitle are nearly 1,000 or exact, then you may win the race following:
Now you got the idea & also gained the potentiality to rank the Top 10 doing proper SEO with a 1500-2000 in-depth post, good writing skill, excellent loading speed, relevant high PA, DA backlinks, and a great interlinking.
Use Keywords Everywhere for Search Volume, CPC even without an Adwords account.
And, try MoZBar plus SEOquake to analyze the Spam score, Domain Authority, Page Authority, Backlinks, Age, PR of the Top 10 Results.
Tip : Alternatively, if you’re so lazy, then try this Google Allintitle Competition Checker.
Method III: Keyword Inspector: Advanced Keyword Difficulty Checker.
Always I prefer the Second method to get to know the complete visual structure of my competitor. And their on page SEO, link building for basic idea of contents.
This method is only to get an idea of Domain Authority, difficulty score and other depicted metrics about your competing pages.
Also, this tool shows a comparative analysis of Links, Page rank, Difficulty level you require to rank. This is known as Keyword Inspector.
What is Keyword Inspector & how to use it?
- Keyword Inspector a difficulty analysis tool used to research competition of a particular keyword.
- This is a free keyword difficulty checker tool developed by Learn2Rank.
- Go to Keyword Inspector Coupon Free.
- Open a New Account in Keyword Inspector move onto below steps for a better keyword research.
- Move to Left Corner and Click on Keyword Inspector.
- Enter your desired keyword and select the country.
- Switch to a different country and do the analysis. You will see the SERP analysis according to Google’s personalized results. Mostly, the first 10 Sites will be high authority and country related also.
- Submit & give Keyword Inspector some time to make an investigation for you.
- Keyword Inspector shows the Top 10 SERP ranking on Google for a given keyword and summarizes the Links, URL Pagerank, Moz Score, Difficulty/Competition Score.
- As per the review, you should go for a keyword below the score 30 for a god result.
Again, I say that the tools are not accurate.
So these may show identical/different scores for all countries.
Considering this, Carefully check the difficulty level. For UK/US, it might be high, but for countries like India/Pakistan, that may have low competing pages. So it is up to you.
Let’s Continue …
Method IV: Using The Best Keyword Difficulty Checker Tools
- SEMrush (competitors research, shows organic and Ads keywords for any site or domain)
- Google Keyword Planner (Keyword Ideas for Every Folk)
- Keywordtool.io -(Keyword Tool: 750+ Google Keyword Suggestions for Free. Keywords without Keyword Difficulty)
- Longtail PRO (Keyword Research)
- Buzzsumo (Find the Most Shared Content and Key Influences of Social Media)
- Google Trends
- Keyword Inspector by learn2rank (a specialized free Keyword Difficulty Checker)
- KWFinder (Keyword Finder & SEO Difficulty Tool)
- Moz Keyword Explorer (Keyword Explorer: SEO Keyword Difficulty Tool and Competition Analysis),
- Market Samurai
- WordTracker – (Combined pack of SEO, SERP Rank, Keyword Difficulty Analysis)
So, how do the most of the Tools Calculate KEI, or “what is KD Analysis formula?”
Keyword Efficiency Index = Keyword Total Search Volume (Exact Match) x Google competing pages. (Most of now Google ranks with quality and authority as a prime factor).
Conclusion for my Keyword Competition Checking Secrets!
It’s the next part of Modern SEO, and for that, a manual keyword competition check is the must for your every keyword research.
Always, search your keyword with double quotes – “keyword” & note down the results there.
This way, you’ve collected the ‘Number of web results’:
and now divide each ‘Global search volume’ by the ‘Number of web results’ to calculate competition ratio.
Takeaway: The keywords having high ratios are the quite easy rank.
It helps to determine the keyword difficulty quickly as mentioned above in my guide.
“…keyword difficulty checker tools use automated APIs like brainless robots and gives the analysis result…”
No one can predict the accurate, except the Google itself.
It’s up to you further.
Which Tool(s) you use “personally”, to get attractive keywords without any difficulty or competitiveness?
Please share in comments.